Friday, October 26, 2007

Bummed

I went to my nutritionist yesterday and the first thing we do is look over what I have eaten over the past 2 weeks. She's reading in total silence and I'm thinking CRAP - why didn't I just lie. I had way to much birthday cake, onion rings (900 calories) , cheesecake and chocolate cake(probably 1000 calories), and I ate out twice for my birthday so it was bad! She looks up at me and says "Do you WANT to loose weight" She's totally right - I have been making bad choices and there is no excuse for it. To make things worse, since Monday I have had back pain with shooting pains down my left leg and now my foot is asleep about 70% of the time. I think it is because I didn't move around enough during the crop this weekend. I have been trying to exercise but after about 15 minutes I get the shooting pains and have to quit. There is no way that I can lose weight without exercising! So I am just really bummed and I can't seem to snap out of it. And I'm still so frigging tired from the weekend and it's Friday! The kids have been up quite a bit at night and they call for me, not hubby, since they weren't really keen on me leaving them for the weekend. I would love to have a full nights sleep this weekend but my family wants me to go home on Saturday because she didn't get to see me on my Birthday. I really want to see them but the thought of 4 hours in a car with this pain in my back gets me even more bummed. It probably feels worse because I had such a great time this weekend and was on such a "high" that it's a long way down when you are feeling depressed. So that's it - I'm done complaining. I really hate complaining and I try not to do it often but it feels good to get it out especially when I know I'm among friends. I am making a promise to myself right now to eat better next week and exercise as much as I can and hopefully this funk will disappear. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

The Original Princess said...

Lesley we ALL suffer for the entire week after the crops. It's a kind of sleep-deprived fueled depression. I know I'm not the only one who has hidden under the covers this week and moaned about my life.
I say you feel sorry for yourself until Sunday and then jump back on the wagon. In fact, let's all do that! Good luck. It'll turn around for you. :)

Queen Mel said...

I'm so there with you.....just think if you had been with us and listed all that liquor, did you do any BJs with us? tee hee, that whip cream was bad for the figure.......but damn good and strong.

I've been hiding under my covers and I plan to do so until I'm damn good and ready to come out, it might be monday or next month....

lesly said...

OMG - I thought there was something wrong with me!! Ok - there is something wrong with me but at least I know that I am not alone. Thanks girls : )

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you Les, I have been soooo tired this week. I just can't snap out of it. All I want to do is sleep all weekend...Hannah is old enough to look after herself...isn't she??? LOL

Anonymous said...

We're all there with you! This week has been torture, trying to get everything done. I cannot wait for 10pm tonight!

Umm... the pain in your back going to your leg sounds like sciatica ...don't screw around with it. My mother was once laid up for almost a month with it.

Kimmartha said...

I'm hearing you too Lesley!! This week has been crazy - lack of sleep, hubby going away hunting since Wednesday and trying to get a ton of stuff done every night - ugh!! It's 9:42 on a Friday night and I am ready to head off to bed - hoping the kids will sleep until at least 8am tomorrow!!

gypsybug said...

take her advise when you can. I can lose weight on my own but I don't, that is why I pay someone to keep me motivated. I can't keep myself motivated, because I usually quit things...I am a quitter by nature. If the only thing a nutrionist does for you is make you feel bad then she has done her job. But turn your feeling bad around into motivation. show her and yourself you can do it! Eating out is a hard one but almost every restuarant sells salads & soups and at least on "healthier choice". I am not a coach and not trying to sound harsh but listen to her and you will feel better and find more self-motivation after you start seeing some results. That's what motivates me, thought I would share.

Hollee said...

What everyone else said...ditto! It sounds like your scyatic nerve is acting up which totally sucks! I'm living in that hell as we speak and have been since having the girls. There are exercises that you can do for it and losing weight will help for sure! In the mean time, have it checked by your Doctor cuz it can cause serious trouble otherwise...oh and the weekend...I think I'm still recovering!