Friday, December 14, 2007
Queen of the Tay – outgoing and friendly - the first to chat me up ask me about myself and invite me to a “group” function. You welcomed me in before you even really knew me and I really appreciated that
Princess – quick wit, smart as a fox and funny as hell. You says the stuff that I wish I had thought of and might of if you had given me, oh, say half an hour.
Sunny – I think we had a very similar upbringing which gives us a connection. I feel we can relate to each other and I am looking forward to learning more about you.
JennyPooh- super easy to talk to – I feel like I have know you all my life. I feel like I could go to your house kick back and talk for hours and never run out of things to say.
Buttercup – bubbly and full of life. Always quick to laugh and fun to be around.
GypsyBug- wild and crazy gal – up for anything and ready for new challenges. Probably isn’t much that you haven’t tried ; )
MarthaSue – crazy funny stories and great storyteller. I usually laugh so hard I pee my pants a little every time you tell a story or do a skit
KimMartha – a gal that has it all together and a killer smile to boot. You just make me want to be a better person
Krista – great listener. We haven’t talked much but every time we have talked you are so attentive and make me feel like you are interested in what I have to say – that is a great feeling
Nola – very level headed and practical. You seem to know what you want and have a plan how to get it.
HoPo – beyond talented and artistic. And you have a unique way of looking at every problem. You make me step back and look at things differently. I think you use the opposite side of the brain than I do. It is always good to have more than one perspective on any given problem or challenge.
Dee – a very warm smile. I don’t know you very well but every time we talk I think -I really want to get to know this person better
Not about Me – I always feel like you “get” me. Whenever we talk I am thinking OMG that’s exactly how I feel. I never feel self conscious or feel like I have said something stupid even though I know I have.
Pretty Kitty - very caring and thoughful. you can tell that you love doing things for others and you put so much thought and time into everything you do. You also ground us as a group - you organize events and make getting together so easy. Thank you.
So I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone and that I made at least a few people smile. I find I learn something from each person that I meet and become friends with and I thank you for all that you have taught me. I think that each new friend you meet makes you a better person and a better friend. I also think that you are attracted to different people at different times. If you are looking for someone to just listen you might call one person but if you need someone to kick you in the butt and give you a pep talk then you might call someone else. So that’s what is so great about this group – everyone is so different! Have a great day everyone and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone next Saturday. So thank you all again and Merry Christmas.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
1. I like to drive fast (when I am by myself!)
2. I love driving a standard - makes me feel like a race car driver : )
3. My dad taught me to drive a standard – a very unpleasant experience!
4. When I was in high school we used to take a friend’s old sunfire (nickname – the sunchicken) on old back roads and see if we could get stuck. Usually we succeeded in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes it took us hours to get unstuck – good times : )
5. My first boyfriend’s name was FJ Ferran – I can still remember our first kiss – walking back from skating on the pond near my grandparents.
6. He ran away from home just after we started officially dating – he had a really terrible family life. He didn’t tell me he was going to run away. The police came to school with his sister and asked me if I knew where he was. When I didn’t, they and asked me to give them for the only picture that I had of him.
7. I didn’t date again until I reached University.
8. My second boyfriend didn’t tell me that he was dating someone else until I received a very nasty letter from her. He lived with her brother. He had been trying to break up with her for a while but she just wasn’t getting it. She got it when I entered the picture. He also had a really bad family life (I’m seeing a pattern here). We broke up when he decided to go to Kingston to the military college.
9. We kept in touch for a long time but I lost track of him about 5 years ago. I keep hoping that he will show up on Facebook.
10. I love chocolate
11. I used to be a Coca-Cola addict – drank at least 2 cans a day. When I got pregnant I cut back to one can a week. I still try to limit the amount I have but I still love it.
12. I ‘m not really a fan of chips or salty things but I’ll eat them if I have coke to go with
13. I’m not a big fan of cheesy foods – cheeseburgers, pizza with cheese, casseroles covered in cheese.
14. I hate mashed potatoes – I was forced to eat them as a kid and can’t stand to eat them now. I am able to eat them if I have lots of gravy or Epicure spices in them.
15. I like to cook but get really frustrated when I spend an hour making supper and the kids won’t eat it and the husband eats so fast that he doesn’t even taste it. Seriously – he can have his plate clean in about 3 minutes.
16. I wish I had a bigger kitchen
17 I hate cleaning up after a big meal.
18 I love potluck dinners – so many choices!!
19 I love having friends over for dinner
20 I hate it when people say they like your food then later tell everyone else that it was terrible (true story – he is so off my guest list!) If you don’t like it then don’t eat it : )
21. The night before having friends over is a mad dash to clean up. I wish I could keep more on top of the mess so inviting friends over would be easier
22 I would like to hire a cleaning person but my husband thinks it is a waste of money.
23. I am trying to take control of the clutter in my house but it is a long exhausting process
24. I hope I can get control of my clutter before the kids learn too many bad habits.
25. When I was growing up our house was always a mess – I never invited friends over. I don’t want my kids having the same problem.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Ice means yes. When we ask her to say it again it comes out like "icessss"
Cocs means Crocs. That one is not to far off but I still wince every time she shows people her shoes.
Icky translates to Eric(a little boy at daycare). His mother wasn't to impressed with that one!
Boap means soap. When we practice it in the tub she will say "sssss-Boap"
Cat piss means ketchup. The waitress at pizza delight will never be the same after that request.
I can't remember ever having this problem with my son. He talked quite early and it was always quite clear. I had her hearing tested last week just to make sure that wasn't the problem and she passed with flying colors. So now we are waiting for our appointment with the speech therapist. The waiting list is 9 months long! I called "Talk with Me" early language services but the programs they have coming up are all offered during the day. So we wait. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Friday, October 26, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
Oh - I should mention that flax seed is still a great addition to your diet for many other reasons(it is a phytoestrogen, lowers cholesterol, and is an excellent source of fiber to name a few). It just does not any active Omega-3's.
Friday, October 12, 2007
I wanted a church wedding – But I wanted it small. Nothing extravagant – just immediate family. I wanted to keep the cost to a minimum. I didn’t want to go in debt before we even began our life together and I didn’t want to spend $10,000 on one day. But my mom wanted to invite everyone she knew - she has 6 brothers and sisters all with kids and grandkids and she wanted them all there. And DH’s mom has 4 siblings with kids and grand kids and she thought they all should be invited too. This is pretty normal – parents always want to invite everyone right? I gave in because I figured my family is pretty low key so they wouldn’t expect any huge celebration - just a few sandwiches and sweets and dance and everyone would be happy. I also figured since all of DH’s relative lived in
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Friday, September 28, 2007
So that being said I will continue with the list.
26. I sang in the Hillsborough Girls Choir for 7 years – grade 6 through 12. I started as a soprano and eventually moved to second soprano. Practices were every Saturday from 9-12!
27. I played 1st clarinet in high school band so all of my noon hours were spent in the music room.
28. I NEVER when to band camp or any camp for that matter
29. I went to UNB because I wanted to be just a number – I wanted to loose my choir and band girl stereotype and start fresh
30. I went crazy my first year of University –I never drank in high school but by the end of my first year I was buying a case of beer AND a pint for a Saturday night
31. I have no idea how I passed most of my classes that year.
32. I once went to a guys room after a social and got really scared when I realized the situation that I had put myself in. I asked for a glass of water and when he went to get me one I bolted. I can’t remember his name or even what he looked like
33. I have never hugged my dad
34. I tried hugging my mom once and it was very weird and uncomfortable so I have never done it again.
35. I hug my kids everyday!
36. It took my friends Kara and Mel to help me get over my dislike of hugging. They both came from a family of huggers so I was pretty weirded out by their attempts to hug me. Eventually they broke me down : ) but it still feels awkward with some people.
37. I am very shy about being naked. When I was in University I would sneak over to the washroom every day to change. I thought nobody noticed until at the end of the year they gave me the Superwoman award. My roommate had to explain it to me because again – I did not think anyone noticed me doing this! Very Embarrassing!
38. Because of #37 I never thought I would breastfeed but I nursed both kids until they were over 12 months old. I could never get them to take a soother or a bottle!
39. I would like to volunteer for a breastfeeding group.
40. I had a very short – but intense – labor. I started contractions at 3pm and by 4pm I was holding my baby!
41. I went through both labours drug free. Not by choice – I begged for something for the pain but the doctor kept saying “you’re ready to push, you’re ready to push!” They had to yell at me to get me to calm down – I was totally freaking out. It friggin hurt.
42. I have never forgotten the pain of childbirth
43. My mom came in with me when I had my baby boy and said it was a horrible experience – she refused to come in with me for baby #2.
44. When we were planning for a second child I followed rules I found online for conceiving a girl- it worked!
45. I met my husband at a Groundhog Day party
46. My wedding day was the worst day of my life – that will be a post all unto itself.
47. I have read all of Ann Rice’s books – even the dirty ones : )
48. Matthew McConaughey is my boyfriend.
49. My Favorite Movie is “Four Weddings and a Funeral”
50. I love the show – “My Name is Earl”
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
25 things about me that people might not know about me:
I hate talking about myself.
I am very shy.
I love to sing.
I have always dreamed of releasing a hit single
I wonder if I will ever be happy – or even satisfied – with who I am right now.
I love to learn new things.
I don’t mind being called a geek.
I miss my university days – miss my friends, the excitement of the weekends and feeling like part of a group.
I think my sister Lisa is really funny. She can always make me laugh. I wish I could be more like her.
I feel very disconnected from my youngest sister. There is a huge age difference and I missed her growing up while I was away at university. I hope that someday we will be able to find something in common that we can laugh about and share with each other.
I wish I had dated more guys before I got married.
I love the color green.
I love to take pictures and look at other peoples pictures.
I failed 2 classes in university – calculus and organic chemistry
The only A+ I ever got was in Computer Science
I am proud that I was able to finish University – the last years were very difficult and I did not think that I would get all the credits I needed
I went back to University about 3 years ago, took 10 Computer Science courses and got a Certificate in Software Development.
I hate to exercise.
My son broke my heart when he bit a kid at daycare. It changed the way I thought about him and my parenting skills.
I love my kids more than I thought I could ever love anyone.
I don’t really have a best friend right now. Don’t get me wrong – I have lots of friends but nobody that I feel comfortable sitting down and sharing my deepest darkest fears without having to explain my entire past.
I feel like I can’t be truthful about who I really am with people I meet. I feel like I should always be the happy fat girl
My husband married the happy fat girl and is now meeting the depressed cranky bitch.
I wonder if the problems in our marriage stem from my dislike of myself. I hope I can figure it out before the divorce : )
I hate to cry. I avoid it at all cost.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Me: I would love a kiss from my favorite boy.
him: but I already gave you a kiss!
Me: But two is always better than one!
him: (long pause with that 'deep in thought' look on his face) Yeah..Except if you are talking about mosquito bites - then one is better than two.
I love it when a kiss from me makes him think of a mosquito bite!