Friday, September 28, 2007

Part 2....

I am so overwhelmed by the response to my last post. You girls are amazing – not only are you there for each other but you have no hesitation when someone new joins in. I know Princess has mentioned this before but I just want to add what a unique quality I think this is. It says so much about each and every one of you. You All Rock!

So that being said I will continue with the list.

26. I sang in the Hillsborough Girls Choir for 7 years – grade 6 through 12. I started as a soprano and eventually moved to second soprano. Practices were every Saturday from 9-12!
27. I played 1st clarinet in high school band so all of my noon hours were spent in the music room.
28. I NEVER when to band camp or any camp for that matter
29. I went to UNB because I wanted to be just a number – I wanted to loose my choir and band girl stereotype and start fresh
30. I went crazy my first year of University –I never drank in high school but by the end of my first year I was buying a case of beer AND a pint for a Saturday night
31. I have no idea how I passed most of my classes that year.
32. I once went to a guys room after a social and got really scared when I realized the situation that I had put myself in. I asked for a glass of water and when he went to get me one I bolted. I can’t remember his name or even what he looked like
33. I have never hugged my dad
34. I tried hugging my mom once and it was very weird and uncomfortable so I have never done it again.
35. I hug my kids everyday!
36. It took my friends Kara and Mel to help me get over my dislike of hugging. They both came from a family of huggers so I was pretty weirded out by their attempts to hug me. Eventually they broke me down : ) but it still feels awkward with some people.
37. I am very shy about being naked. When I was in University I would sneak over to the washroom every day to change. I thought nobody noticed until at the end of the year they gave me the Superwoman award. My roommate had to explain it to me because again – I did not think anyone noticed me doing this! Very Embarrassing!
38. Because of #37 I never thought I would breastfeed but I nursed both kids until they were over 12 months old. I could never get them to take a soother or a bottle!
39. I would like to volunteer for a breastfeeding group.
40. I had a very short – but intense – labor. I started contractions at 3pm and by 4pm I was holding my baby!
41. I went through both labours drug free. Not by choice – I begged for something for the pain but the doctor kept saying “you’re ready to push, you’re ready to push!” They had to yell at me to get me to calm down – I was totally freaking out. It friggin hurt.
42. I have never forgotten the pain of childbirth
43. My mom came in with me when I had my baby boy and said it was a horrible experience – she refused to come in with me for baby #2.
44. When we were planning for a second child I followed rules I found online for conceiving a girl- it worked!
45. I met my husband at a Groundhog Day party
46. My wedding day was the worst day of my life – that will be a post all unto itself.
47. I have read all of Ann Rice’s books – even the dirty ones : )
48. Matthew McConaughey is my boyfriend.
49. My Favorite Movie is “Four Weddings and a Funeral”
50. I love the show – “My Name is Earl”
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew McConaughey is your boyfriend???? I don't think so sista...unless hes cheating on me!!!!

Queen Mel said...

Holy Shit Superwoman that list cracked me up! Very good list, but I so want to know about your horrible wedding day :o)

Choir Girls are always the worst ones :o) - Right Princess?

Oh and the Mel she is referring to...you guessed it NOT me - NOT a hugger ;o)

Anonymous said...

your not a hugger Queen, but you let Sue grab your boobs????? go figure!!!!

LOL

lesly said...

I don't think there was any "letting" involved! LOL

Kimmartha said...

Great part two - anxiously awaiting part 3!! It's funny how many of your list components reflect things that have happened in my life too - and I'm sure most of us could say that! Keep up the good work!

Sunny said...

Okay, I'm all caught up now!!! Wow! You and I have more in common than I thought. I'm so glad you can to the lake and I think you're tons of fun to be with. We all have our little piece of kryptonite Superwoman but luckily nobody holds a piece of it in their pockets to throw our way when we are feeling week. These friends do everything in their power to remove all kryptonite from our path.

This is a wonderful group of girls and I'm glad that you and I are part of it now. The only regret I have is that we all didn't meet sooner in life.

gypsybug said...

Wait until I talk to Matt...sounds like he is 3 timing!!! I am mad now!

In the thick of it said...

Wow I thought part 1 was good, you were just warming up! Great part 2, I may have to borrow some books from you, and no, not because you have the dirty ones lol. Your labours frighten me and as much as we have in common, I'm really hoping to have a better go when the time comes :)