Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Part 1 of the 100 List...

I wrote this about a month ago just for my own personal reasons but decided I would like to share it here with Ch'all. I'll keep plugging away at the next 25.

25 things about me that people might not know about me:

I hate talking about myself.
I am very shy.
I love to sing.
I have always dreamed of releasing a hit single
I wonder if I will ever be happy – or even satisfied – with who I am right now.
I love to learn new things.
I don’t mind being called a geek.
I miss my university days – miss my friends, the excitement of the weekends and feeling like part of a group.
I think my sister Lisa is really funny. She can always make me laugh. I wish I could be more like her.
I feel very disconnected from my youngest sister. There is a huge age difference and I missed her growing up while I was away at university. I hope that someday we will be able to find something in common that we can laugh about and share with each other.
I wish I had dated more guys before I got married.
I love the color green.
I love to take pictures and look at other peoples pictures.
I failed 2 classes in university – calculus and organic chemistry
The only A+ I ever got was in Computer Science
I am proud that I was able to finish University – the last years were very difficult and I did not think that I would get all the credits I needed
I went back to University about 3 years ago, took 10 Computer Science courses and got a Certificate in Software Development.
I hate to exercise.
My son broke my heart when he bit a kid at daycare. It changed the way I thought about him and my parenting skills.
I love my kids more than I thought I could ever love anyone.
I don’t really have a best friend right now. Don’t get me wrong – I have lots of friends but nobody that I feel comfortable sitting down and sharing my deepest darkest fears without having to explain my entire past.
I feel like I can’t be truthful about who I really am with people I meet. I feel like I should always be the happy fat girl
My husband married the happy fat girl and is now meeting the depressed cranky bitch.
I wonder if the problems in our marriage stem from my dislike of myself. I hope I can figure it out before the divorce : )
I hate to cry. I avoid it at all cost.

6 comments:

gypsybug said...

for someone who is shy that was a GREAT post. I am not sure what to comment on a few of your items but I am happy to get to know you and you seem like a great person (darkside and all)....heck if my friends knew everything about me they would disown me! the part I love about blogging that is I can say what is on my mind without immediate recourse.....sometimes my blog is little and fluffy and other times it is nasty. I go with my moods. we are a great group of girls and I do feel like I have more bonds with some but I know I could call an anyone anytime anywhere and they would help me out. we need to make a point to hang out more often...all my friends make me smile and happy.

lesly said...

thanks! When I wrote it it was for my eyes only so I didn't really hold back. I read it again today and thought - what the heck - I might as well post it. The next 25 will probably be a whole lot different just depending on my mood - like you said. I would love to hang out - anytime : )

Anonymous said...

The happy fat girl .... yeah, know that feeling. I used to feel like that all the time. Now I don't. It took me a long time to get out of that mentality. But I did. Now you know me in all my bitchy glory.

University - been there, done that! In fact, I had one gd course to go before getting my degree ... I took it numerous times and failed. So I gave up. It took three years before I finally got the courage and desire to learn to go back and finish my degree.

Your list may be personal, but it definitely gives a great insight into you ... you're in good company, as many of us have struggled or are struggling with the same issues. Keep it up! You're doing great.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we could start a new group...The Happy Fat Girls!!!! But seriously, I'm with Gypsy...I am happy to get to know you and look forward to hanging out more!!!

Queen Mel said...

Lesly I think we were separated at birth, I never had to think about my weight until I got married (it all went down hill from there)in HS I stood back, didn't say a whole lot and was very pleasing to the eye, getting guys was NOT a problem for me at all.

Now I'm the mad fat girl and I know where your coming from - I should have dated more and did more.

I never had anyone I could get close to in HS, I mean my one friend April but I've always kept people at arms length -even her. But gosh now I have so many BFFs I don't know where to turn.....I have 2 of em I would tell ANYTHING too and know they wouldn't judge me they would say "I know where your comin' from".....and I love that.

I love the fact your in our group I can really relate to you...you rock girlfriend......

Keep up the list - sorry for commenting so long :o(

NickyT said...

I love the list. I think it feels so good to just write. You know that quote Dance as nobody is watching sing as nobody is listening. This list is the same it is write as nobody is reading. ANd if they are reading and judging then screw them. But I'll tell you one thing about this great group of girls....they are non-judgemental. Always be you and that is all that will ever be expected. Nobody, will ever call you out on being you with us, pinky swear. If you want to let your hair down though and be karoke diva do it...we don't JUDGE :) I'm glad you did the list though it let me know things about you I didn't know. Time will help that though...we'll have to have one of those lights out talking till 2am nights of bonding.
Can't wait to read the next 25.