Tuesday, September 25, 2007

We hardly Ever eat out...

We were driving past McDonald's yesterday or should I say the lack of McDonald's and I turn to my oldest and say "Look Bud, The McDonald's building is gone! His immediate reaction - to cry - slow pathetic sobs. I'm thinking why did I have to even mention it - I should have just kept my mouth shut! I try desperately to put a positive spin on it by telling him that the new one will have a bigger and better play structure! His response- louder sobs. "But I liked the old one" he responds. Man, Some days you just can't win! Later on as we pass by again I hear from the backseat "Goodbye old McDonald's - I'll miss you" OMG- the therapy bills are going to be huge!

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Damn kids and husbands, if we weren't losing we certainly would never win either......

In the thick of it said...

That's hilarious! Just goes to show we are resistant to change, I can relate, when I moved a year ago My old apartment building was bought by a new owner and I later saw the old outside sign go by of the back of a truck being hauled away and I was very sad, I loved that place. sniff...