Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thought bubbles

Princess inspired me today! What if everyone could read our thought bubbles? What a different world we would be. There are so many times that I bite my tongue during a conversation. It's not that I think my point isn't valid, I just think why bother? - everyone is entitled to their opinion - even if it completely wrong! And I really don't enjoy the conflict that might arise. Usually I can never say the right things to get my point across so I end up being totally frustrated that the person just isn't getting it. But I digress. What if our bubbles were out there for all the world to see? In some ways it might be good - Like if someone is going to murder you then the chances of them being able to succeed goes way down(that was a movie but I can't think of the title). Or if you are in a really good mood - how easy would it be to share your mood if everyone could see how happy you are. But the down side is huge. I get totally malicious thougths - nobody needs to see those. You know - the ones that pop into your head with no control and are usually gone just as fast. Or when you jump to conclusions before you have all the facts. If your thoughts are negative would you draw people that also had negative thoughts? Now that party would be a downer! No thanks : ) I had a high school friend that believed thougths were angels. For example if someone is sick and you pray for them you send out all this positive energy(angels) towards that person. How powerful is that? Can your thougths have that much influence on the world around you? If they can then damn! - I need some serious thought editing software installed! For now I am going to try to make an effort to have more positive thougths - just in case.

7 comments:

Queen Mel said...

with what I have in my head and how it works, its a scary machine, I would freak people out and they wouldn't understand anyway....

Thought bubbles would wreck havoc

Hollee said...

Enh - screw it!! We're all gonna die anyway!! lol

lesly said...

Bad day Hollee? I'm sending some positive thoughts your way : )

Anonymous said...

i love your blogs lesly. they are always so thought provoking. don't you wish you could see the bubbles :)

"The real" MarthaSue said...

hehehe sounds kinda like 'the secret'...

yeah you always have such interesting posts lesley...thought bubbles..

it would be an intersting thign...

Queen Mel said...

Lesley and I talked about this yesterday and I'm not convinced its such a great idea.....because emotion counts in this too and if you read my thought bubble that said "your a quack-a-doodle" you'd be offended and hurt, right? We'd all be freindless.

We can't control our thoughts, and we'd be too busy to talk from all the reading......who could stand next to Sarah anyway, I'd be so lost?

lesly said...

I wouldn't be offended Mel - I know you think I'm a quack-a-doodle : ) I think I'm a quack-a-doodle!