Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One of my favorite quotes..

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.

My Friend sends me quotes daily and she has send me some great ones but this is one that really struck me. Have I lived the width of my life so far? No - I don't think so. I think I am getting closer but I still have a LOT of work to do. The problem is that I don't even know where to start. When Oprah introduced her book club selection this month it really intrigued me because she said that it was the best self help book that she had ever read. If you haven't heard about it it's called - A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. I find reading it is very challenging because I have never read anything like it before. Every concept is so new to me. I find that I have to read each sentence several times to get the full meaning. It feels like every sentence is forging new pathways in my brain! It is a whole new way of looking at things. The chapter I just finished described the Ego - it is so much more than just what I thought an Ego was. I can relate to a lot of things that he says about the Ego and I know that in order to let go of the hold that it has on me that I will need some direction - hopefully that will come in later chapters. I guess the first step is understanding what it is and why it is. I'll keep you posted. If anyone else is reading this book please let me know - I would love to hear your thoughts.

3 comments:

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

LOVE your quote today!!!

Queen Mel said...

I saw the opening to this on Oprah and it sounds to be very mind opening......she has had people quoting on the book so far and these people are "astounded" "amazed" "life changing"

I'll be watching to see how it turns out....

"The real" MarthaSue said...

i am trying to read the book - i ahve to say i'm having some trouble...really need to focus FOCUS on it.....it's very 'deep' not sure what i was expecting...