Friday, December 14, 2007

Diversity

I was driving home last night thinking about our group and all that has gone on in the past few days and I got to thinking that everybody brings something different to our group – everyone has their own qualities that make this group so dynamic. So I thought I would list one good quality of everyone in the group as I see them. Now keep in mind just because I give some one else a quality doesn’t mean you don’t have it too – it just means it wasn’t the first one that popped into my head. Please feel free to make your own list of positives for everyone or add on to this one.

Queen of the Tay – outgoing and friendly - the first to chat me up ask me about myself and invite me to a “group” function. You welcomed me in before you even really knew me and I really appreciated that
Princess – quick wit, smart as a fox and funny as hell. You says the stuff that I wish I had thought of and might of if you had given me, oh, say half an hour.
Sunny – I think we had a very similar upbringing which gives us a connection. I feel we can relate to each other and I am looking forward to learning more about you.
JennyPooh- super easy to talk to – I feel like I have know you all my life. I feel like I could go to your house kick back and talk for hours and never run out of things to say.
Buttercup – bubbly and full of life. Always quick to laugh and fun to be around.
GypsyBug- wild and crazy gal – up for anything and ready for new challenges. Probably isn’t much that you haven’t tried ; )
MarthaSue – crazy funny stories and great storyteller. I usually laugh so hard I pee my pants a little every time you tell a story or do a skit
KimMartha – a gal that has it all together and a killer smile to boot. You just make me want to be a better person
Krista – great listener. We haven’t talked much but every time we have talked you are so attentive and make me feel like you are interested in what I have to say – that is a great feeling
Nola – very level headed and practical. You seem to know what you want and have a plan how to get it.
HoPo – beyond talented and artistic. And you have a unique way of looking at every problem. You make me step back and look at things differently. I think you use the opposite side of the brain than I do. It is always good to have more than one perspective on any given problem or challenge.
Dee – a very warm smile. I don’t know you very well but every time we talk I think -I really want to get to know this person better
Not about Me – I always feel like you “get” me. Whenever we talk I am thinking OMG that’s exactly how I feel. I never feel self conscious or feel like I have said something stupid even though I know I have.
Pretty Kitty - very caring and thoughful. you can tell that you love doing things for others and you put so much thought and time into everything you do. You also ground us as a group - you organize events and make getting together so easy. Thank you.

So I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone and that I made at least a few people smile. I find I learn something from each person that I meet and become friends with and I thank you for all that you have taught me. I think that each new friend you meet makes you a better person and a better friend. I also think that you are attracted to different people at different times. If you are looking for someone to just listen you might call one person but if you need someone to kick you in the butt and give you a pep talk then you might call someone else. So that’s what is so great about this group – everyone is so different! Have a great day everyone and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone next Saturday. So thank you all again and Merry Christmas.

14 comments:

In the thick of it said...

You're the best Les! I hope that someone makes your day today like you just made mine! Hope things are less crazy for you than they likely are :) Miss Ya!

Anonymous said...

That was amazing Lesley! Thank you so much for your sweet words. You're such a smarty.

Now, it's your turn - you are very understanding and empathetic, also a wonderful listener, and amazingly generous. I mean, you drive clear over to the NMS to slog through Aquacise with me - definitely a truly generous soul.

lesly said...

K - I'm glad I made your day! It was great to share something nice about everyone. It gives me the Holiday Spirit!

Thank you PK! That was really nice : ) And I love aquasize - it's the only exercise that doesn't really feel like exercise to me!

The Original Princess said...

Thank you Lesley. I'm glad you thought to do this. We all think alot of each other and we often say so. But it's nice to pick a quality and tell someone why you like them so much. We can all use a boost.

Sunny said...

Lesley, you are a thoughtful and sweet person. I really enjoy spending time with you. You're always quick with words of encouragement when someone needs it and there's a witty humour about you. Thank you so much for everything in the past week. I am so fortunate to have someone like you to call a friend. Gawd that was waaaaay mushier than I'm used to.

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks Lesley. You have for sure pointed out some of great qualities in everybody. Nice, to be surronded by such a great group of gals indeed.

Dee said...

Thank you so much Lesley - you definately made my day. It was very thoughtful of you.

And you girl - have a beautiful smile also and it is reflected in your eyes too - that is one of the first things I noticed about you. Here's hoping that we get to spend more time together to get to know each other better.

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo much Les.....I feel the same way about you. You are a terrific, caring person and I love your sense of humour. When I am with you I feel that you totally get me and I love that. Heres to more fun times in the New Year!!!!!

Queen Mel said...

awwww, the only person you forgot was U so here goes from me to U.

LeSly - great listener who doesn't get to talk too much but when she does she see's eye to eye to each one of us, I think she is a little bit of each of us rolled into one, except for me, I talk way too much and she never gets to do that...LOL

lesly said...

This proves to me that when you do something nice for someone else you get it back tenfold! I really wanted to give everyone a little boost and make everyone think about what draws them to each person in the group and I got back more- so much more - in return. Thank you girls : )

Hollee said...

Thanks Les - you rock! It was so thoughtful of you to take the time to think of everyone the way you have. I have to say that one of the first things I noticed about you was your toughtfulness for others. You also have a very grounded but hilarious sense of humour that is incredibly refreshing. You're simply great to be around. Thank you

"The real" MarthaSue said...

Thank you Lesley - everyone has really said all of the things that I would have said about your wonderful qualities...

GOO Aquasize!!!!!

Madiegirl said...

What a great post Les ! thank you !! Melanie said exactly what I was thinking, you're all of us rolled into one awesome person
xo

Anonymous said...

Might I point out that your last post was Dec.14th and it is now Jan.10. I don't mean to be rude but could you hurry up and jot down some thoughts, I'm running out of blogs to read....LOL

Miss ya!!!!