Friday, November 16, 2007

3rd Installment of the 100 list.

Thank you all so much for all your advise on the last post – we went to see a speech therapist and she thinks that miss A will benefit from seeing someone on a regular basis. We are on the list but I am starting with a private therapist as well. I’m glad that we are being proactive and staring this before her 3 and ½ year testing. So here is the 3rd installment of the 100 list. I hope you enjoy!

1. I like to drive fast (when I am by myself!)
2. I love driving a standard - makes me feel like a race car driver : )
3. My dad taught me to drive a standard – a very unpleasant experience!
4. When I was in high school we used to take a friend’s old sunfire (nickname – the sunchicken) on old back roads and see if we could get stuck. Usually we succeeded in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes it took us hours to get unstuck – good times : )
5. My first boyfriend’s name was FJ Ferran – I can still remember our first kiss – walking back from skating on the pond near my grandparents.
6. He ran away from home just after we started officially dating – he had a really terrible family life. He didn’t tell me he was going to run away. The police came to school with his sister and asked me if I knew where he was. When I didn’t, they and asked me to give them for the only picture that I had of him.
7. I didn’t date again until I reached University.
8. My second boyfriend didn’t tell me that he was dating someone else until I received a very nasty letter from her. He lived with her brother. He had been trying to break up with her for a while but she just wasn’t getting it. She got it when I entered the picture. He also had a really bad family life (I’m seeing a pattern here). We broke up when he decided to go to Kingston to the military college.
9. We kept in touch for a long time but I lost track of him about 5 years ago. I keep hoping that he will show up on Facebook.
10. I love chocolate
11. I used to be a Coca-Cola addict – drank at least 2 cans a day. When I got pregnant I cut back to one can a week. I still try to limit the amount I have but I still love it.
12. I ‘m not really a fan of chips or salty things but I’ll eat them if I have coke to go with
13. I’m not a big fan of cheesy foods – cheeseburgers, pizza with cheese, casseroles covered in cheese.
14. I hate mashed potatoes – I was forced to eat them as a kid and can’t stand to eat them now. I am able to eat them if I have lots of gravy or Epicure spices in them.
15. I like to cook but get really frustrated when I spend an hour making supper and the kids won’t eat it and the husband eats so fast that he doesn’t even taste it. Seriously – he can have his plate clean in about 3 minutes.
16. I wish I had a bigger kitchen
17 I hate cleaning up after a big meal.
18 I love potluck dinners – so many choices!!
19 I love having friends over for dinner
20 I hate it when people say they like your food then later tell everyone else that it was terrible (true story – he is so off my guest list!) If you don’t like it then don’t eat it : )
21. The night before having friends over is a mad dash to clean up. I wish I could keep more on top of the mess so inviting friends over would be easier
22 I would like to hire a cleaning person but my husband thinks it is a waste of money.
23. I am trying to take control of the clutter in my house but it is a long exhausting process
24. I hope I can get control of my clutter before the kids learn too many bad habits.
25. When I was growing up our house was always a mess – I never invited friends over. I don’t want my kids having the same problem.

5 comments:

Madiegirl said...

Yay ! I'll have to go back and read the first two instalments :-)
Who hates casserole ?
wink wink

Queen Mel said...

LOL - good list but wow some bad luck in guys.......

In the thick of it said...

Great List! I'm very sorry someone was rude about your cooking, if you'll kindly forward me his name and address... My sweetie and I haven't stopped raving over your lasagna, and truth be told I mentionned it to my coworker on Friday after running into you, I don't even clean my plate at my parents or his! I think all dishes should be recyclable upon completion of a meal in a nice unwasteful eco friendly way, the same with knicknack and clutter a self removal system would be great :)

Sunny said...

My mom taught me to drive a standard and I just taught my husband. I love driving a standard too!
I had bad luck with men as well up until Paul.
I love pot lucks and having friends over...same issue with cleaning too.
My house when I was a kid was always messy. I hated to have people over as well.
We are so much alike.

gypsybug said...

OK I have to do another 100 item list! they are so great to get to know people.