Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've taken A Big Step....

....just coming in the front door. That's what Mr. FitAsAFiddle said to me as he gave me a tour of the gym this week. And that, my friends, is exactly why I have never been a big fan of the gym. But I joined anyway. I really feel that this is exactly what I need to help me shed some pounds. I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me but I'm actually looking forward to the aches and pains that accompany a good workout. The funny thing about it is that I have only been going for a week yet I lie in bed at night thinking about what I will say when people say "you look like you are losing weight" . My MIL says that to me almost ever summer when she comes to visit from Ontario and I always have to say "Nope - still the same" I know she means it as a compliment but what I always think is "Ok-she thought I looked bigger than this last year? - crap!" I guess it's kinda like when you tell someone they look nice today and they reply "Boy I must have really looked terrible yesterday!" Same idea I guess. So I think I'm at the weight where it's hard to tell actually how big I am. Like you reach a point of fatness that you just can't get any fatter. I mean you can, but it would take more than 20 pounds to really notice a difference. And the worst part is that I have been here for over 8 years. That's insane! I am so ready for a change. So now I lie in bed and obsess about my reply for next summer ("well yes! I have lost 20 pounds!" or 30 or maybe even 50!) Man my brain is warped :)

So here are my goals:
  • I want to wear my jeans all day instead of rushing home at the end of the day to put on sweats or Jammie's because one more minute of having that tight band around my gut might send me over the edge.
  • I want to get up in the morning and not think about when I will be able to get back in bed again.
  • I want to feel more comfortable in my body. I am not this person that everyone sees. My inside doesn't match my outside.
  • I want to stop feeling like life is passing me by.

So bring on the pain all you skinny perky beautiful gym instructors - I've got a long way to go and I need all the motivation you can give me.

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

I would have punched that lil phucker in the face Les! He would have been a lil young hottie without TEETH!

I am so happy you joined. You will do great so long as you stop making excuses as to why you CANNOT come and just come and do a minimum - make yourself a goal that you will come X amount of times per week for so many minutes each time. That way its a small goal that you can acheieve.

...and you've got me...thats the best part of all =)

lesly said...

LOL - you would have totally punched him in the face! That would have been awesome. Can't wait for the class on Friday. I am going to commit to 3 times a week - I can totally do that. And you are a WICKED motivator!! Thanks for everything.

Hollee said...

Skinny people suck!! lol i totally would have junk punched him!!!

and btw...I think you rock no matter what size you are!! Remember...Size puts the Siz in Sizzle!! lol

lesly said...

Thanks Hollee :) I'm definetly ready to Sizzle!!!