Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Purchase!

I've been looking for a new camera for a while now but with so many options out there it was quite daunting. I looked at dSLR's but felt quite intimidated not only by price of the lenses but also by the technical terminology that seemed to accompany them. I decided to go with the Canon G9. It is a "Point and Shoot" camera but can also do manual functions and has the option of adding lenses and an external flash if I ever decide to expand my love of photography. I have only begun to experiment but so far I think that I made the right choice. Here is a picture of an apple bud that I took this morning using the macro function (everything else was on auto).

There are some problems with the picture( the shadow underneath and the blurry leaves just to the right) but I couldn't believe the details and the quality. Here is what happens when I zoom in:

Now I'm on the hunt for a class to help me improve my photography skills. Has anyone taken a photography class that they would recommend?

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Congrats on the new purchase, your gonna love it!

In the thick of it said...

the photos are fabulous, looks like you made a reat choice. I can't wait to see where this takes you. I'll keep my eyes open for classes.

Hollee said...

Noel Chenier offers weekend courses that rock!! I'll send you the link :) Congrats on your new purchase :)

Sunny said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!!! I need a new camera. I may just have to get that same one.
Have fun with your new toy!